Those who have questions about Church history should remember this advice from twitter:
When in doubt, go back to the fundamentals. When you're sure, build on the fundamentals. When not making progress, go back to the fundamentals. When you are making progress, build on the fundamentals. The fundamentals never go away. If anything, they become more pronounced.
Fundamentals in Church history:
1. Joseph Smith obtained metal plates from a stone box on the Hill Cumorah in western New York.
2. Using the Urim and Thummim that were in the stone box, he translated the engravings on the plates into English while in Harmony, PA.
3. He returned the Harmony plates to a divine messenger who took them back to the Hill Cumorah.
4. In Fayette, NY, Joseph translated the plates of Nephi.
5. The Hill Cumorah of Mormon 6:6 is the same hill in New York from which Joseph got the plates.
Here's an example from football.